Thread: Licensed Kamisama Dolls
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-18, 00:04   Link #173
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
Yeah, I think Utao will just be as important as Aki in the story. She’s the controller of Kukuri, the main doll. She’s an important player as much as (or even more than) anyone else. (although haven’t read the manga, I could be dead wrong about this but I strongly doubt it.)
The question (to me) is whether Kukuri is bound to Utao alone or to both siblings. The ceremonial aspect the bonding would suggest that each god bonds to only one Seki, however... when Aki is trying to get Kyohei to fight with him in episode 1, I don't think he meant a fistfight. And if someone's link to a god can be permanently severed, why wasn't such a condition imposed on Aki?

Hence, it's possible that control of Kukuri might end up back in Kyohei's hands at some point (its pictured with him in the OP, actually), in which case this show will probably end up being closer to something like Kurenai where the guy has to protect the loli character.

I'd actually prefer to have Kukuri remain with Utao though. It puts an Kyohei in an interesting position - wanting to look out for Utao, but having limited ability to do so, especially relative to her own power. I can't think of another show that does that off the top of my head. Plus, Utao and Kukuri come across as almost like a girl and her dog... it would be sad to separate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I don't like little sister characters in these kind of shows. I find them distracting, and completely unnecessary. You can try and sell to me what she brings to the show, but I would disagree.
There are some things that she brings to the show which are pretty hard to deny IMO, such as that the interactions with her add depth to Kyohei's character and that her presence puts him in a bit of a tight spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
If i wanted to see a show that contained little sisters as one of the main characters, I would watch one that catered that way. If this one keeps putting her on the front lines, I will end up dropping it before the end.
Fair enough, but one hardly needs to be a imouto show fan to be a fan of the sibling dynamic on display here. I don't consider myself one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I rather like Utou. She's cute, has some depth to her and gives the main lead more depth too (which he sorely needs because he really does seem like tool sometimes). I just want more plot advancement at this point. The comedy and the character interactions were pretty stale in episode 2.
I'm not sure I'd use the word "tool" to describe him, but yeah, I do think her presence provided some badly needed character depth for him.

Comedy? Personally, I thought the playing PS2 with Kukuri scene was the series crowning moment of funny thus far.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote