View Single Post
Old 2004-11-18, 00:51   Link #38
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman damn
so... snoopy or anyone else who's read til the end of the manga - do Fuyutski (however u spell it) and Onizuka finally confess their feelings for each other, or is it more like the "life goes on" ending... i spose the whole point of the story was that Onizuka was a great teacher, and the anime really did that fantastically, i was really satisfied with the anime ending.

still... do they make it as a couple by the end of the manga? (i'm not talking about Onizuka losing his virginity or whatever, just if they get together:P) can someone maybe tell me what happens to the rest of the characters - dang they're all so good so please please reply even tho this is like 4 months after the last person lol...
Spoiler:

With regard to the ending of the manga--I think it's just as well that it remains open-ended. I figured that the author wants to keep it open just in case if he wants to use the character again for another story.

And indeed, that much was implied in the anime version. In one interview for instance, he wondered what it would be like for Onizuka to teach in a high school in the US. I think Tohru Fujisawa was just joking around when he said that, but it also seemed that he wants to keep Onizuka free for other ideas.