View Single Post
Old 2011-01-26, 13:51   Link #21749
Kheve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Stop and think for a second: Put yourself in the shoes of Gohda's mom. Your son dies when his employer's home literally blows up. The police are not inclined to provide significant details. He gets very little media attention because he wasn't rich or famous like the people he worked for. And some asshole teenagers on the Internet, goaded on by irresponsible jerks like Professor Ootsuki, start spinning nonsense about he was a witch, no he was the killer, no he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Is the grief of Gohda's mom and the desire for closure and some kind of understanding of the truth of what happened to her son and whether he did anything wrong subordinate to the personal satisfaction of Ushiromiya Battler and Ange, just because they're more important fictional characters? Is it really a matter of "Well Gohda's mom doesn't exist in the narrative but Battler and Ange do so it's more important to discuss what's moral as relates to them?" That is messed up in my mind.
BRAVO!!! This is truly a very amusing n thought provoking (no sarcasm at all) insight. I laughed out in spite of myself especially the part on irresponsible teenage jerks on the net. I must say on this situation YOUr arguments r very valid (forgive the caps, some deign 'u' as beneath their intellectual station). I actually agree on most of YOUr views, however im by nature a cynical person, thus my equating good=winner. As for some for some basis on that claim, I would say the pacific trial of japanesse military commanders is a good basis esp the philipine commander who was hanged because he defeated mcArthur previously.

To Sherringford, I have always enjoyed the quotes n arguments YOU presented thus far. Perhaps I sounded slightly overbearing but bear in the mind I was making those comments lightly except the part on law, coz i know intention is never proved rather it is implied. If YOU r offended I apologize ofc.

On final note, BRAVO!!! again Renall, that is truly very funny yet seriously insightful. An argument in context seems to be way better at presenting the picture than an argument based on pure statement of values. I applaud u once again.
Kheve is offline   Reply With Quote