View Single Post
Old 2015-05-02, 02:47   Link #14
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I 've been rewatching the original series (in broadcast order) and realizing that I still think it is a masterpiece. I was getting ready to say that this new series is an insult to it. But this ep was excellent. I began to appreciate the alternate world in its alternateness. And I actually admired some of Chihara Minori's voice work as Nagato. This is a lower order of art (visual and dramatic) than the original, so far, but at least worthwhile in its own right.

Haruhi herself is outstanding. That great slide from standoffish pride to a bit of relation to others (started by Kyon), and her realizing it, was beautifully drawn and voiced. I thought I was over Hirano Aya but no: she really is excellent here, creating a character that is so much more present and real-feeling than any of the others except Kyon (who has an advantage as the narrator).

I also began to get Chihara Minori's ED, and to be able to enjoy the artificial (to me) vocal style. It didn't last, and the main part of the song as written seemed boring and same to me. But maybe it's just a matter of style, and I'll get it eventually. Her voice is marvelous, in any case.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.