Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
"Come! Join with me and let us rebuild the world in our image together!"
I like this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Where do I fit into this pretty picture? : <

And the phrase should be,

"Normal humans don't interest me at all! If anybody here is a time traveller, an alien, or an esper, then come - join me! Help me shape... the world! That is all."

I hate using the word 'esper' - 'psychic' is a much better word - but you Yanks all use it, so I'll bow to your will on this matter. I'll still think 'psychic' though.

And remember, Discreet - somebody else is editing you. *wink*
Aren't you still too busy with school? Also, yours isn't bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceon View Post
Well, while I do agree that psychic may be a better word. . .it really doesn't apply to this case since. . .

Well, actually, Koizumi isn't REALLY an Esper by any definitions of the word. . .then again he/she could be since he/she always responds to Kyon's supposed thoughts. . .but I never could figure out if it was just a case of Unreliable Narrator or not. . .
Kyon is actually saying those things... he just forgets to put quotations around most of his sentences.

Koizumi isn't a psychic by any definition of the word, either... I think that "esper" fits a lot better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, "slider" came from the show "Sliders", which was about traveling between realities.

EDIT: Also, I just realized another possible voice actress for Itsuko (checked to see if she was included in some previous lists of potential voice actors, but didn't spot her name): Sayaka Ohara.

In particular, the voice she used for Hatsune Arisaka (from Tonagura!) is almost exactly how I would think Itsuko would sound. The voice is similar to Kikuko Inoue's voice, but it's different enough to work as an alternate possibility (in my opinion, at least).
Wait, wait, you want Milly Ashford as Itsuko...?

AWESOME.

And yes, the term "sliders" comes from the TV show. The manga translators used "off-worlders", which doesn't have QUITE the same ring to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
What's wrong with Haruhi's original line? Oh well, I'm game:

"If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers; heed my call, join me. The power of Haruki compels you! Alae iacta est! Vedi veni vici!"

Esper is the english loanword for psychic to the japanese, along with other words like "skinship"; that the english speaking world doesn't actually use. Watch the introduction narration of the last episode in the broadcast order, where Kyon refers to Koizumi and the organization as "shounen esper sentai"
Which is the only time they're referred to as "espers" in the whole show. The actual translation is "those who were given paranormal abilities" most of the time.

I have no idea what "isakajin", which is the actual word for "sliders", means...

For that matter, if we were actually directly translating "chuujin" and "miraijin", we'd end up with "space person" and "future men", so why not just accept "esper"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
It SUCKED this year. Absolutely NOTHING is there.
Maybe it'll be better next year.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote