View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 13:23   Link #3135
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The fact that your overlooking is that that's your opinion. Don't try to assert your opinion as fact to me and then expect me not to notice it when you put it at the very beginning of your post. As for the rest of what you say that's all well and good, but I don't think it should be downplayed what went on with that early picture leak and all the rumours and misconceptions that circulated the internet prior to the official unveiling of the project. The fact that the shows writer had to come out and say that the Gundam didn't talk and what the Age device was kind of shows how far out of control things had spun because of that leak.

As for the first arc, all I remember hearing people criticize the show on for the most part was it's art style and the Fardain arc in descending order of frequency. In fact all I heard complaint wise before the Fardain arc was just how "kiddie looking" the show was and how it meant that it wasn't Gundam and therefore the show sucked and only after Fardain did I actually see people start to criticize the show based on it's actual material, but that sort of died down just as quickly as the Fardain arc ended. As a result I'm ultimately still forced to come to the conclusion that the key reason for Gundam Age failing to capture and/or losing audience was the art style before any other factor
So basically what you are saying is that it's the fans' fault that AGE is flopping so bad?

Please, you are grasping at straws here. Bandai wanted to appeal to a certain audience, and they failed to do that. Their research and audience studies were clearly faulty.

If you want to go the silly route and blame some leaks for its poor ratings, fine. Again, whose fault is that? The audience's or the company that had the leak? Maybe they need to tighten things in-house. Or maybe someone wanted the project to flop because they didn't like where it was going.

Anways, since you like facts, here's a fact: the customer is always right, and the customer is not happy with AGE.