View Single Post
Old 2007-08-21, 01:27   Link #67
Confessa
A White Rose

Uh...how do you make a commitment to God when you marry? Or do you do that for Christianity? Since I'm a Buddhist, I've never heard of such a thing. >.< Besides, it's not really commitment to God that matters. Like someone said here, if two people just don't love each other anymore, and simply cannot stay together anymore, it's better to divorce than live an unhappy life. The problem these days however, is that people rush into marriages without really thinking about it. Hence the higher cases of cheating on spouses (adultery, is it?), or simply unhappiness in marriage. Or sometimes..I guess the two just weren't meant for each other... Okay...I better skip off here. If I talk anymore, I'm gonna get...lost in my own words.

Anyway, there's a friend of mine who believes that arranged marriages are more likely to last longer because of the person's loyalty to his/her parents. Even if the person is unhappy, he/she will stay together with their spouse for the sake of their parents. What do you guys think about this theory?

I simply flared up. No way I'm gonna allow my parents to even think about arranging a marriage. Advice I will take. But to really find someone and tell me I'm engaged to him seems wrong.

One thing, I think I'm gonna use "Tokay" from now instead of "Okay", because my Mozilla dictionary says "Okay" is wrong and gave the former word as a replacement. It just cracked me up because it sounded hilarious. I thought there was a word "Okay", though...