View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 15:01   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Thats the typical simpleton in many anime that can easily get stuck and carried away by other ppl's feelings.

But to say in the Hyouka's pov, i think Oreki's heart is so close and near to the Classic club, though it sometimes annoyed him coz messing his peaceful life, but he just couldn't ignore them. So when he deducted something that made his friends feeling bad, he couldn't ignore that. Its like betraying something close to his heart.

The burden of pain doubles when he realized that he was made to do such thing which betrayed his friends' feelings by a manipulative senpai, and triples when he realized that he was such an idiot to not realized that earlier.

Well thats what you get with a simpleton. Don't blame him for such over emotional act lol.
I don't think that's it. His friends weren't hurt at all. But I guess they know him better than we do, because they did everything they could to spare his feelings - short of just not telling him he was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Brilliant. I'd give it 9.5 if I could. All questions that I remember popped up in previous episodes discussion got answered, especially "Why don't they just ask Hougou?" one.

About the outburst scene, I think we have to consider that they (the stuff) intentionally add music, camera angle, voice acting and etc. to make it dramatic. After all, they want to show that he's serious.

Once you take that into account, I don't think it's over dramatized. For all we know, Houtarou has been living a grey life. He never think he has any talent (Implied in episode 7 that it's most likely because he's constantly overshadowed by his sister.) This is the first time he was told he is needed. He's special, and no one else can do it. Then he realized it's all a lie. I might not go and confronted the person who said it like he did, but I'll certainly feel like crap like he was.
Yeah, I think that's much closer to the truth. For all his outward indifference, there's been several clues all along that he's been yearning for a rose-colored life, but that he thinks it's unattainable. That his attitude is just a defensive mechanism to cope with disappointment. Irisu peeled away most of that armor and drove her knife home.

If really his sister is the instigator, and she did it because she knows her brother, then it was damn cruel. Maybe to be kind, but cruel all the same.

Quote:
I said last time that Irisu is a good leader, but not a great one. This episode strengthen that idea. There is no loyalty in her leadership, since all she can is "force" people to do things for her, directly or indirectly. She cannot "ask for a favor" from people. People will eventually realized, like Houtarou did, and get sick of it sooner or later.
I don't know about "force". She lied. That's not quite the same. And in Hongou's case, she at least was able to find a good compromise - the class don't end up with something they find "lame", and Hongou isn't forced to write a story she loathes.

But you're right - that kind of behavior doesn't inspire loyalty. Though it sounded like she was in a corner too, for some undisclosed reason, so maybe she behaves differently when she isn't pressured.