View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 21:59   Link #51
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I definitely think PK users have a predisposition for bloodlust once they get a taste of power. I also think being put in a life-threatening position is a kind of trigger that amplifies their power level, and that's why Satoru was able to do so much more than he did before.

If you know the expression "A rat is never more dangerous than when it's cornered" I think you can apply it to PKs. I think their whole society was designed to never make them feel cornered, because of what its founders knew would happen if they were.
Yeah, I agree with this. I think you put it pretty well here.

The society that Saki, Satoru, etc... are being raised in is one that encourages strict obedience and has very dark currents underneath, but it's not "unpleasant" on the very face of it. It's clearly designed to keep PKers content and docile.

The way sex works in this world is very much in keeping with this. Who wants to risk a PKer going out of control due to common teenaged romance issues? So instead you have a society that encourages frequent sexual release in its young, so that such potential romance issues are much less likely to come to the fore (and if they do, they'll likely carry less weight than what might otherwise be the case).