Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-26, 08:57   Link #269
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
The XIX century called, it wants its ideas back.

Disclaimer: This sounded too close to those otaku purity ideas so it really stoke a nerve.
So in the 21st century, we shouldn't take romantic relationships seriously anymore, and sending mixed messages is entirely cool?

If so, maybe those 19th century ideas are worth taking another look at...

Seriously, Proto, that was a bit of an overreaction to a perfectly reasonable observation on vansonbee's part, an observation which other members here have more or less echoed.

I also feel sorry for Taichi's girlfriend. This is potentially a very bad situation for her, and she seems nice enough to me.

That being said, Taichi seems like an Ok guy as a teenager. He was a bit harsh with Chihaya early on, but I think a lot of it is that he has no desire to go back to playing karuta, so he's trying to demoralize her a bit before she gets that full head of steam up and running, which he knows from experience can be pretty overwhelming. In fact, it might already be overwhelming him a bit.

This was a good, fun, and solid episode. Chihaya's drive to win, and the close competitiveness of her final match, were displayed well. I liked the plot twist of sorts at the end pertaining to Arata.

9/10 for Episode 4.