Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-26, 12:14   Link #278
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's not as if sorting out his own feelings is all he has to do - Chihaya is (in her defense, I think unwittingly) sending him very mixed signals about her own feelings. In terms of his relationships Taichi's head is spinning at the moment and I think that's totally understandable.
I totally agree that's it's understandable to be confused and flustered when it comes to Chihaya. The girl is a natural beauty, has a heart of gold and a wonderful personality. Most guys would be overwhelmed by her spirit not to mention looks. It sucks that she's hopelessly unaware of her "homewrecker" potential.
But my point still stands. While it's perfectly natural and fine to be confused about your feelings for someone else outside a current relationship, there should be a minimum level of commitment. You don't have the luxury of letting those feelings linger and grow, because they can unintentionally hurt someone else. The burden is on Taichi to figure himself out, since he has the girlfriend, not Chihaya. I do like that so far the girlfriend seems nice--generic as hell, though--because it makes the viewer more sympathetic because they see foresee trouble for her care if she gets hurt. It'd be lame if the writers make her out to be some horrible person, so that it's easy for Taichi to leave if he so chooses.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote