View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 08:19   Link #1176
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
And Yozora's heart has just audibly broke. At last. the long awaited Fiancee chapter has finally been translated! Thanks Vex!

Anyway, I still think that Hagani will subvert the Peaking Concept

Spoiler for Comparisons to other Romances:
MGX isn't a really good example. The title itself already shows that there was only meant to be that one girl, Urabe, who is Tsubaki's girlfriend. Of course, NTR is always a possibility...

The main reasoning around peaking is that once all the mysteries around a love interest's relationship with the MC have been resolved, there's not much left to explore in the remaining novels. The corollary to this is that characters that have not been fully explored become much more likely to be the end girl. One qualification that needs to be made, of course, is that this becomes moot if the novel is coming to an end and it's too late to develop the unexplored character into as the end girl, but that's not really relevant to Haganai at this point.

In this case, Haganai isn't close to being finished, but Sena's cards have mostly been played already. On the other hand, the feelings of Yozora, Rika, and even Yukimura are still mysteries. It is difficult (though not impossible) for the author to explorer those three while having Kodaka enter into a relationship with Sena at the same time. What's really important right now is Kodaka's reaction in the next novel, because that is extremely significant in foreshadowing how the novel will end.

I support Sena though and I really hope Haganai becomes an exception to the rule with regard to peaking.

As an aside, one example that is sort of an exception to the peaking rule is
Spoiler:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-09-04 at 16:54. Reason: Double posted.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote