View Single Post
Old 2008-09-21, 22:19   Link #13031
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Have faith my friend. All her character development has surrounded her relationship with Lelouch. First reconciling the two sides of him, learning to trust him and falling in love with him. Then, having him (seemingly) pull the ultimate DB move in history and saying she was never more than a pawn. Her getting the resolve to fight him even though she loves him (or perhaps because she loves him). She finally meets him face to face in the next episode, and judging by the gum line, the Animedia conversation, her character song, she'll come to some sort of resolution about him.

The very fact that they have waited until the last episode makes it possible that her resolution with Lelouch is tied to the resolution of the series (which would explain why the director ever called her 'essential'). Then again, if all she is there for is so that Lelouch has someone to reveal ZR to for the sake of the audience, I'll be a little pissed.

Still, I have faith and you should, too. Next week when our hopes have been dashed, then you can rage.

youngde, signing off.
Ah don't worry about me I waffle back and forth

But that is my point. We have to wait for the last episode to be able to wring out some meaning in her "essentialness."

I'd prefer not to have to put all my chips on the very last episode.