Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-05, 08:21   Link #398
rulfo

God I dunno where to start. I was so hyped for this since I'm a person who enjoys visuals more over story but also granted that the story/premise is at least decent or entertaining. This was really on the top of my to watch list. But c'mon... this was a very terrible introductory episode.

-Color scheme was my first gripe but then again I'll let this one pass as someone said that it might be tied to the premise of the show which clearly I didn't even manage to get with this disjointed presentation.

-Premise effin where!? I mean what the hell is going on? What should I expect next? What the hell did they try to sell here?

-So many characters so little damn I give. Durarara manage to do that amazingly and by not drowning me to death with so much names.

-Beautiful scenes but so out of place. I mean this skateboarder chased down Shiro(God at least I manage to get the MC's name from this convoluted mess). The whole scenario was tense as he really tried to beat the living crap out of him. Then this scene comes in with beautiful animation of the him skateboarding. It was very good EXCEPT it was so damn out of place. I mean seriously, you chase down someone and you pull stylish tricks that weren't even necessary? Ok now I know anime does this all the time with all the flashiness but c'mon, that was so leisurely looking.

And something to add, this episode was beyond boring. Even with this flashy action stuff happening it was really uneventful. I mean you guys can say Hyouka is boring and all but IMO this was far worse. For me this is the epitome of boring.

I can enjoy simple things but this was a complete failure in my eyes.

I might not follow this. I dunno if I can give it the 3 episode rule.

Overall this episode felt like a shiny tech demo with all the bells and whistles that was presented so badly.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-10-05 at 08:48.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote