View Single Post
Old 2013-01-05, 17:35   Link #2294
Draugur

The second volume of the Massacre Arc is out from Yen Press for some time now. Am I the only one around here who buys the Higurashi manga books?

This is the volume which deals with the seemingly hopeless Satoko situation and Keiichi's crusade against the Children Consultation Center. This is maybe my least favourite part of the story because I don't like stories with one dominant glorious male hero who gets praised all the time. Also this is a double volume again. The Massacre Arc manga is three times as long as the question arcs. But I think the question arcs are much more interesting. However, I really look forward to the tragic events in the last volume of the Massacre Arc, which will be released in March, as far as I know. And I'm even more keen on the Matsuribayashi manga, although I don't like how Karin Suzuragi draws Takano (she seems to have two pairs of eyebrows - Takano, not Suzuragi).

The mangaka, Hinase Momoyama, is really good. Especially Rika looks very vivid and convincing in all her changing moods and expressions. But Yutori Houjyou is still my favourite artist of them all.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote