View Single Post
Old 2007-05-24, 19:35   Link #66
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
I'm sure someone mentioned this already, but I've always wanted to see an anime which faithfully tells the story of Hsi Yu Chi (Saiyuuki a.k.a. The Journey to the West). Dragonball makes loads of funny references to it, and there are some more recent animes bearing the name Saiyuuki, but none are really all that accurate. Though I haven't seen this yet: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=2199 but I doubt it can properly tell the story in the space of one movie.
The live-action Saiyuuki, which aired in some english countries as "Monkey", is still to this day, the best Saiyuuki based TV show ever made, IMO.
Even though I haven't seen an episode in 20 years, I can still sing to the theme songs "Monkey Magic" and "Gandhara" (Japanese version).
For some reason, I'm not too interested in seeing an animated version though.
Saiyuuki "Monkey Magic" OP, Japanese version
Saiyuuki "Gandhara" ED, Japanese version
Great, great songs. Gandhara was so freaking popular back then.

As for Gyakuten Saiban/Phoenix Wright...
I'd rather see a fully-voiced port of the game before anime even cross my mind!
C'mon, port the first 3 games to PS2 with full voice cast already!
The recent Gyakuten Saiban 4 was hell of a fun, btw.

As for what I want to see animated.... well, there's many.
Higaeri Quest novel series, for one. I prefer that series way over his more famous work, Slayers.
Then there's the Yousei Sakusen (Fairy Operation) novel series. For some reason, his Ariel novel series got animated, but never his more popular Yousei Sakusen. C'mon, we fans have been waiting an anime adaptation of that for... geez, 20 years now?
They made a radio drama of it back in the 90s, but I want a full anime series dammit!!
Western anime fans might know the series Iria no Sora, UFO no natsu (Sky of Iria, summer of UFO) novel and anime series.
This series is said to be a homage to Yuuichi Sasamoto's Yousei Sakusen series.

As for western material... I'd like to see anime version of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time fantasy novels.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-05-24 at 19:57.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote