View Single Post
Old 2010-12-17, 04:44   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I find her lovable because she's got a strong personality, is extremely smart and capable, a fundamentally caring nature and a good sense of humor mixed with a trace of playful deviousness. And I guess it helps that she's exactly my type in the looks department, too.

Being with her would be a constant challenge, a struggle to keep up in the mutual contest, and for someone who is as competitive as me by nature, that would make for an interesting and fun life together.
If you take her the way she is at the end of the show/episode (once everything worked out), I totally agree with you. But for me personally, I don't know that I would have been able to handle the journey to get there. Perhaps it's just because the anime chose to really play up the contrast between her facade and her inner self, to the point where it makes her seem really unstable and dysfunctional. And that "all it took" was one conversation to make things right is a bit of a sore point to me about this episode; she had so little self-esteem that she placed it all on her perception of Junichi's judgement.

Give me a heroine who is all of the quoted without the "disorder", and I'm so there. Tsukasa gets there in the end, but I feel like it isn't quite right given the way they portrayed her in between. I would have struggled to see the truth in between the stark contrast (even though, given that this is anime, we knew where this was headed).