View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 21:32   Link #27018
UsagiTenpura
Artist

I'm really not sure of the specifics of the idea it was written after, and I know AT's being a devil's advocate considering I at least think you don't accept the existence of prime either.

The point we're talking about I don't think implies on anyone's side to accept the content of the message bottles as true (since, the moment there are two versions anyway it becomes impossible...) but the overall concern is relating to the catbox. "Like in the stories, a storm happened, like in the stories, Ange didn't come home", "unlike in the stories, Eva survived".

Tho miracles are miracles imo. It's also miraculous in many ways that "Yasu survived long enough to at least write the stories but was never found in any ways by the local authorities". Actually the same goes around Battler. You'd at least think that after everyone dies one thing the authorities would check up on are money transfer of anything belonging to any of the dead people.

If I take AT's example, it's way too convenient that the same people who "discovered" the message bottles happened to have 10 million dollars transferred to their bank account from another account, related to the Ushiromiya, and that authorities completely overlooked that, as well as the story in every ways.

It overall to me seems like just playing with the core problem and moving it away elsewhere.
"Probabilities are rigged" I guess I can see it'd be easier to accept something like human incompetence, even on a massive scale, then storm prediction and whatnot.

To me it's still pretty simple:
Every arc = stories.
Arc 3 ended with Eva still alive, and Ange from the future where Eva survived was introduced to us.
The future of the story that is arc 3.
Will has access to previous arcs in the form of stories.
Beatrice in arc 6 also had that access.
Battler in arc 5 before figuring out everything "went over everything again" seemingly hinting he also is also given access to previous arcs in at least a form where it's reviewable enough to look like a story.
What's so different about Ange having access to them?
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote