View Single Post
Old 2008-10-03, 11:36   Link #843
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I feel a lot the same too. When I look at how Minmay forsake her love interest in order to save her friendship before taking on her career and become a legend, Ranka was the perfect candidate to repeat history again in a more spectacular way. Most of my disappointment comes from the poor result in Ranka's growth as a character when it wa sclearly expected she would follow the same route.
Disappointment ? I'm surprised to learn you were expecting something from her
The fundamental difference between Minmei and Ranka is that Minmei didn't care about like you said "her love interest" at the beginning, unlike Ranka who since episode 1 was already infatuated wth Alto's charm and after his personality...

Quote:
It describes best Ranka: she can't save her own butt by herself when it's required. She doesn't do much useful stuff all by herself alone and, God, I was right when I wished Ranka was thrown face-to-face with at least HALF of the problems Sheryl was facing in order to grow her character, understand others and put her selfishness into the trash bin.
This is too easy, I could also say :
It describes best Sheryl : she couldn't save her own butt by herself, so Ranka did it
And seriously, people love to say they can't sympathize with Ranka, since showing some pity for a character like her is ridiculous.
But they tend to ignore that since episode 18 compassion is the first word in your mind when you want to describe Sheryl's character...
Why I'm saying that ? It's simple : Since people knew Sheryl was dying in episode 18, they started to compare Sheryl's poor life with Ranka's joyful life ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Spoiler for ..:

Come on, are you really blind?!?!?

Couldn't resist it... sorry.

That's why I saw it coming and added " a lot of "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minari View Post
Seifall is always in denial or living in his own little bubble world. Not surprised since that's the way he is.
This is the first time I speak with you !
I'm Seifall, nice to meet you! How are you ?!
Oh, my bad !Looks like you already know me ,well

Quote:
Dogs always kiss their masters. . . lol It's very common.

Quote:
and on the comment of "Daytime Ranka, Evening Sheryl... "
I think Kawamori explains very clearly who he would actually do in bed.
And I think you just sunk your ship here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I was really expecting Ranka to find things out on her own, besides the whole "Bresra is your onii-chan!" thing. Instead they spent a few minutes explaining crap, without Ranka achieveing any degree of discovery, whether it was about herself or the Vajra.

Otherwise, Grace easily manipulating her and Ranka crawling back to Alto...

Yeah, just a waste of time with her character.
But you couldn't expect too much with 25 mn.
Did you see how they resolved Sheryl's problem about her disease, it was hilarious.
We don't know that much about Bilrer, Mao's husband, ...
And Grace's death who seemed so invincible, two episode ago died being shot by Alto.
Ranka's character had possibilities to evolve more but didn't, due to lack of time.