View Single Post
Old 2011-02-19, 10:52   Link #37
Genten
has a custom user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Nice thread

Reason that I hate it: I'm just a long hair fanatic. If you have gorgeous hair, DON'T EFFING RUIN IT!! The haircut always looks so FUGLY!!!
I completely disagree. Togame looked 100x sexier with short hair.. I tend to like short hair better myself, though, so I'm probably biased.

A thread about cliches I hate? I must. . . resist. . . making a ten page long post.

What is it?: Tsundere chicks.

Worst Offenders: Oh, let me see. . . just about every romance anime ever.

Notable Exceptions: Magikano, My Bride is a Mermaid, and ToraDora! are all very entertaining series while including a tsundere.

What makes it popular: I honestly have no idea. Is the idea of a girl who will beat you up but love you underneath all of that really that sexy? Guess you can hold her hand after she puts you in the ER.

Reasons that I hate it: It's way too overused. Tsunderes are so common now a days that they revert to being one note characters with tsundere being their only distinguishing trait. Tsunderes are only fun to watch if they evolve past that point.

Is the hate really worth it? Yes and no. Overused and tired cliches are a bad thing, and I really hate them, but plenty of people like tsunderes. I don't want to get rid of them entirely but want to see more tsunderes with deeper characterization. Tropes and cliches are only as bad as you write them.