View Single Post
Old 2009-04-30, 08:24   Link #1889
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Not quite sure if this is a good analogy.

The disappearance saga suggests pretty strongly that an IDE interface is perfectly capable of manipulating the power. Any apparent limitation limitation with the power is more likely due to Yuki's own restraint than any hardset limit on her ability to use the power. I mean, she removed the IDE from the entire UNIVERSE.
I wonder if it isn't a chicken and egg problem. Did using the power send Yuki for a loop, and make her do all those things, or was she slowly going nuts to begin with and that drove her to use it?

Quote:
The only reason the IDE wouldn't take the power either for direct practical application or for easier experimentation is probably because they had control issues of some kind.
Or they wanted a try before you buy. If they genuinely don't know what it is, it might be a good ideal to keep it in somebody else's body rather than hook it up directly to what are essentially one of the gods of the universe.

Quote:
I think the Sasaki Espers still do have their power. It's just that they have little opportunity to utilize it due to Sasaki not creating Avatars, or not being capable of producing them at this time.

The fact that they can enter closed spaces suggests that they still have power despite Sasaki not having anyone.

It's supposed to. It's supposed to remind you that there are fundemental differences between Haruhi and Sasaki.
I wonder about Sasaki a little. I mean, she looks saner than Haruhi on her best day, but then she goes and associates with this anti-SOS brigade that couldn't look any shadier if it tried...
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote