View Single Post
Old 2010-06-29, 19:37   Link #80
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well Drrrrr was a crazy ride wasn't it...I'm not gonna lie I understand almost nothing in this anime, but oddly enuff I enjoyed most of it...I think the show had lots more potential than it showed and would have been better had it focused or centered around 1 character as opposed to the randomosity we saw, but this is the style of the creator...I thought Baccano was far easier to follow despite the time-jumps, but I liked the pretenses of the characters in Drrrrrr better...There's a ton of cool characters that could execute there own anime series...

Heiwajima, aka "Hardcore Sanji" would be a great good guy antagonist in a series with more shine time...Izaya in another series would have been cooler aswell IMO...I mean he's cooler than some chatroom gossip Goddess...

I could go on, but I never really got the whole Celty thing so it's probably futile to comment on the absurdity of wanting to bang a black ghost head chick...lol..

The one thing Drrrrr totally owned was the soundtrack...And that was my number 1 reason for enjoying the show...Even in scenes I didn't understand or the 5 minute chatroom sessions that didn't add up those smooth and powerful jazz rifts would keep me smiling....I loved pretty much everything about the music and hope these series (Baccano, Drrrrr) influence more creators to go with jazz BGM's because they are so critically underused in anime...

I give the series a B - overall because like I said it was so unfocused for me, but sometimes the crazy art, the outstanding BGM's and the Hardcore Sanji moments were enuff to supress any ill will I ever had toward the show...Plus all the OPs and ENDs rocked and would keep me so hype going into each ep...Hell even the episode preview music would groove my soul to the point of constant jamming arm-movements^^...

So in the end I speed off on my moto better for it...Head intact...