Thread: Halo: 4
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-16, 04:36   Link #643
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I don't think so. We've seen the real digitization process in-game with the Composer, and this was nothing like that. If my theory's right and it's a container to preserve things, then the digitization fate of the Composer can't be used, otherwise how would the Librarian have reseeded life after the Halo Array fired? If that's the case, then it can't possibly be a digitization process else the original plan of the Didact's using the Composer would've been fine in the first place.
Well the Composer was a flawed design cos the Forerunners wanted it to preserve sentient beings in digital forms with the eventual aim of turning them back to organics once the Flood is gone. Obviously that didn't work and the Didact repurposed it to turns humans into Prometheans instead.

The reason the Forerunners rejected the Composer was because once a life form gets digitised, it can't revert back to organic. Apparently turning them into AI's was fine (Monitors were originally humans, after all), which is what I am guessing the Artifact might have been used for.

There are lots of simpler ways to preserve and reseed life. The Librarian could simply index all the relevant genetic coding for any particular species and reseed as was timely. The existing humans and Forerunners and all other sentient species didn't get to "live on", which is what you were probably thinking about. They died as the Halos fired.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote