View Single Post
Old 2013-01-22, 03:00   Link #11716
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
None of the big three are that influential though, at least not on the level of some of the 80s and 90s classics that Nisio is listing in the pages I linked.
But none were that successful either. Even now the most new players coming in the manga are usually influenced by the successful manga nowadays more so than the past ones.

Past ones influenced the big three (Naruto and Bleach in particular) but for me big three is actually big one and two mediocres attached.

OP is quite influential and the more time will pass the more influential it will be.

The problem is that OP doesnt follow shounen tropes the way Bleach or Naruto does. But at the same time its way too big of a player to ignore.

So what now? Call One Piece not a shounen? If not then Nishio's 'deconstruction' is pointless as it doesnt include the biggest fish in contemporary manga world which in its own right influences the newer manga's thus reshaping the contemporary shounen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Also, this is why the word "deconstruction" is very stupid.
Now that I can agree about. But the word 'deconstruction' makes Nishio's manga sound deeper than it actually is.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote