View Single Post
Old 2017-07-13, 08:36   Link #49
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^But he hasn't kissed another girl, so I dunno~

Btw, reading this author's works, it makes me thinking about is there a need to make an isekai MC to be reincarnated/teleported Japanese? Doing it like this author is great, just make a local MC. Having a Japanese MC just leads to Jap culture import to isekai, like food and modern tech, just ruining the story imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ I partially agree and partially disagree.

In most seriees not much tweeking would be needed to make the guy local and it would fit great, on the other hand sometimes the reincarnation settign isn't bad.
As for the import, this part is plain stupid. In the first place there is no way one highschooler (or whatever) is capable of replicating Earth knowledge. Leaving out food, that I would seriously doubt anyone without spending his whole life can replicate from different ingredients, the guys always making lots of machinery is just strange. There wasn't even the technology to work with iron (except primitive one, but guns would be impossible) in middleages, not even speaking about chemistry etc. knowledge (nice thing you know ingredients of gunpowder, but are you capable of finding them? the names should be different, or the ingredients itself unknown). The idea of replicating current technology with highschool knowledge (that is not centered on how to really create the things anyway) is just flawed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ I never read so far as I read it in english and never transfered to japanese (also it being in drama format makes it a bit hard to read it for a long time). The part about logic behind the war was really nice though. It also might have been the first series where Maou + Yuusha cooperate to reach some goal (and Maou a good guy, or rather girl).

I generally dislike modern knowledge in fantasy (even if it could work). I get modern knowledge + history, where it is the only possible cheat, but if you throw magic into the mix I don't feel like modern knowledge is welcome neither that it makes good stories.
I'm totally dissagree with you. I can make gunpowder from scratch (took me 3 year's tough to produce saltpeter). Gunpowder and concrete is ancient technology (thousand years in the making). So any sane reincarnator would develop that first. Heck we even have double hull technology developed by ancient pacific people.

Almost Every technology that exist now is product of ancient invention. Even steam engine is rumored exist in ancient Mediterranean. And don't forget roman empire engineering.

It's nature for human to pursuit better living. And they have the necessarily Knowledge to do that.