View Single Post
Old 2008-01-30, 21:33   Link #60
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
For the problems, it seems that either
i) ADV does not actually fully own the titles
or ii) there is a clause in the contract that allows the licenses to be revoked if something isn't done and that one of their Japanese partners (Sojitz, ARM) is unhappy with something.

Basically, Sojitz came in when ADV was struggling and set them up with funding and an army in Japan to acquire licenses for them. If this funding or army was stopped, ADV would be back to where they were 2 years ago.

As for how they can lose the licenses, specifics are impossible because it all depends on what the contracts say and whatever else there is. Possible ways they could be withdrawn:
1) One of the companies might be claiming breach of contract on something and therefore the contract is now void.
2) ADV might not actually own the licenses and they are just sublicensed and have been revoked under some clause.
3) Someone is claiming that ARM never actually had the rights properly and thus ADV could not get the licenses to begin with.
(All of these have happened to other companies in the past.)

It is possible too that they haven't lost the licenses, but someone is preventing them from releasing them somehow.
Phew!!!!!

Or to sum it up

Quote:
While we can't go into any detail at this time,
Makes about as much sense.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote