Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-25, 15:17   Link #16087
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

You know, I figure that if the world hadn't been so focused on propping up a system based on predictive values and confidence (basically capitalism) that has proved time and again to not be self-sustaining let alone functional in an age of overwhelming greed that we'd probably have found something better by now. Like do people not see that they are basically playing a game of watching numbers see-saw back and forth and that everything rests on the tip of a pin where one small event is capable of causing it all to come crashing down. Is this really where we want to be right now? Is this really what should be considered normal? I still don't think so.
Nope, but I fear we may just live in a time of continual decline rather than the beginnings of revolution. It usually takes established political systems (or empires, some could argue in the US's case) a long time, sometimes several centuries to completely crumble.

Luckily though, we're in a point in history where we aren't necessarily bound to the fate of the system around us. Knowledge is power. Of course, struggles abound nonetheless, but I feel better off than a peasant in declining Rome.