View Single Post
Old 2011-01-06, 09:36   Link #21305
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
The entire point of how it was handled is to let us know that there is something about Yasu's sex, whether it is some degree of intersex or something else, while still allowing Yasu her dignity. After introducing the subject matter like that, it would be very crass to go back and shove a camera up her dress just to provide the readers with an "explanation".
And for that, the narrative has a completely extraneous character. Please. Either this is nonsense or Ryukishi wrote in an entirely pointless plot point to... I dunno, tease more shippers?

It's a pretty unfortunate position. To justify his existence with a single almost entirely sidelined point means he's basically less useful as a character than several wholly meta characters. Or else we must conclude Ryukishi just had to have it in there for the flimsiest of reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That being said, considering the magic end, it is really weird that Okonogi would still leave Ange alone, or even support her even if she let all the business to him.
As an observer of both ending, I must say that it is sort of disturbing to see Okonogi having such a win situation if he was really plotting like that (and suffice to say, that scene in Episode 6 with Amakusa is kind of ambigous as well, considering we can't be sure if it is a neutral perspective).
I don't know. There's a degree of ambiguity there. First, did the conversations between Ange and Okonogi really happen (consider when it happens)? If they did, did the conversation between Amakusa and Okonogi happen (how the heck would anyone know)? I mean, both could easily be interpretation on somebody else's part, depending on what's where in the stories that were written. Okonogi's conversation with Ange is not in and of itself proof of any suspicious activity, so we have room to doubt that he really would've wanted Ange and Kasumi both dead.

Maybe he was just a really nice guy who Ange worried might be shifty (perhaps understandably). I mean, Eva trusted him, and I think by now Eva's earned the benefit of the doubt.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote