View Single Post
Old 2006-03-24, 19:08   Link #51
sorvani

i personally didn't really care for GTO. I thought Gokusen was done much better.

Hana Yori Dango, Saiyuuki, Nurse Aoi, Lunch Queen, Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake, and Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu, are all shows i've watchd in the last 6 months.

Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake was an extremely good story about HIV/AIDS.

To answer kj1980's question from 2004, the reason i like j-drama's so much as compared to american television is because they are a coherent story from start to finish. American TV is extremely episodic. This means from episode to episode there is very little story carrying over. Japanese dramas, on the other hand are a complete story. The same is true with anime actually. This is why i like it. I like the STORY. American shows like southpark, family guy, & the simpsons do not interest me because there is no story there. just a bunch of loosely linked episodes.

Some few american shows do manage to pull off a very good story. but it is still a much longer thing, with many filler episodes. Some examples of this are Battlestar Gallactica(the new one), Stargate (SG1 & Atlantis), & Babylon 5.

Of course there are episodic Japanese TV shows too, but i don't watch those any more than i watch american ones.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote