View Single Post
Old 2010-08-05, 06:27   Link #4053
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoosafeth View Post
Still doesn't answer my question. Japan and China are hardly underdeveloped. Moreover, compare it to say South Asia, where prostitution is relevant but much more looked down upon. Also, if poverty leads to prostitution, shouldn't the same go for drugs and other illegal activities? But its not; there's plenty of prostitution in China or Japan for example, but getting caught or doing drugs is a whole other story. why is that?

Maybe I should rephrase the question, I'm not asking why prostitution is relevant. I'm asking why prostitution is relevant where other forms of illegal activities, mainly illicit substances, are not. I know for example in Indonesia, getting amphetamines is supposed to be the easiest thing, but what about China? Japan? Why does the contrast exist?
Tourism? I don't know about that, but I do know that adventurous people not only enjoy visiting new places on Earth, but also on bodies of different nationalities, literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Prostitution exists everywhere, no matter your creed or race.

The thing about prostitution is that it sells the one thing that all living things are programmed to want to do. Sex.

While some rings are illegal, legal prostitution is also commonplace (the Netherlands being one example), and street walkers can be found all around the world. Some do it for quick money, easy money, desperate money, etc... ...

So yeah...
One thing though - I was wondering if prostitution is actually legal here in Singapore. I can find a few legal articles prohibiting "sale of sex", however, they still exist out there under a few channels.

Is it supposed to be an open secret of sex trade or is it really legal?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote