View Single Post
Old 2012-01-02, 17:44   Link #164
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Steins:Gate. I have no words. I think it's the best thing i have ever seen in these 20 past years, ever. Neither the best movies could appeal as much as this series did, even tho it's a jap anime aired like any other animes. I am really thankful to you for having brought up this title. I think i might want to stop watching anime with this title just because this satisfied all my needs. It's like when you finish fucking: you don't get the desire of anything else.

This thing surpasses Haruhi's companions and all other stuff by miles. I've always been appealed by time travelling theories, made my own, discovered that such thing can't be done and i was super happy when i found that this anime's time travelling theory just follows what i've always thought: it is impossible to time travel. BUT they introduced an important thing that could have made time traveling possible (that in reality is indeed out of discussion): if someone still keeps the memories of his future self, then he can change the past. The reasons why i don't think time travelling is possible is because, even tho you managed to go back to (let's say) 5 hours, you wouldn't remember what you did 5 hours later, and therefore your actions would just be the same, without the possibility to change the past. If you can keep memories of your future self tho (that is logically and rationally impossible) you can actually do it. That is the fantasy factor that plays the whole role in this anime, leaving anything else just normal and realistic. And i loved it.

That is the main reason why i loved it. Even this reason alone would have made this title my favorite, but no, it was even more than that:
1)
Spoiler for heavy spoilers:

2) The artwork is awesome or at least, it suits my tastes 100%. It's just flawless, there are no memes or chibi figures or retardly funny expressions/faces; mh, don't know how to say it, it's a "serious" animation but it still gave me so many laughs (All those perverted jokes, mad laugh, all that bullshit about agency and north gods and the thing of talking to a turned off phone, they were all fucking fantastic)
3) The characters in it are just awesome and deep: the protagonist actually gives the feeling of him being the protagonist, and since what i was looking for was a "only one guy's pov" (Like Kyon of Haruhi), Okabe just became my favorite character. Kurisu was pretty, just like the 1st and 5th girls of Amagami SS, and was a tsundere.
Spoiler for heavy spoilers:
. Mayuri was what actually you'd define a close friend but still nothing more, and what i was happy about was that the relation between her and Okabe wasn't further than that (therefore avoiding useless drama or broken hearts)
4) The opening and the music that accompanies it is awesome. This is the only anime of which i watched the opening every episode, without skipping it.

If i had to give a color to this anime, i'd choose gray (or perhaps black and white) with some stray red point. Why did i come up with this sentence? I actually don't know, but i just felt like saying it. The atmosphere was just like that, and i loved it.

There is still a sea of things i'd say about this anime, but i'll stop here. It's just to let you know how much liked this anime and how much i'm thankful to you for having suggested it in the first place, so thank you.

PS
Forgot to rate it: . Yes, infinite, because if i rated it 10/10, other titles would just drop to 0.00001/10 or 0.00002/10 at the very best.

EDIT
Now that i remember it, i know the reason why i didn't start Death Note: when it was airing, i wasn't giving a flying fuck in general about japanese animation, and when it finished airing, some retards started spoiling the ending around(X dies), and therefore the whole mistery/suspense that would have pleased me went to hell. That's why i never started it.

EDIT
Perhaps, on a second thought, i'll watch FMP to kill the time. Afterall, i do not expect to get anything better than S:G, so any other anime is equally inferior (If you think about it, either 1 or 1000 are just nothing compared to infinite, therefore any other anime is worth just like the other titles in this case = i'll pick up titles randomly from now on, since they'll all be on the same level)

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-01-02 at 18:35.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote