View Single Post
Old 2007-06-05, 11:17   Link #11
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
One thing I've been wondering, and this may fit here and in the Magic And Technology thread: how does the TSAB keep its records? Is it stored in the Infinite Library, or somewhere else? In hardcopy? If so, is actual paper used, or synthetics?
I'd assume that the Infinite Library also acts as a records database for the bureau, complete with seperate levels of security for more classified information.
Hard copy and digital data, I'd also assume. Books as we've seen, information lists and historical records organised by a sort of pseudo-SQL management database (Yuuno's "search magic" acting like a universal search engine), as well as video data with regards to episode 9 of StrikerS.

Quote:
(Anyone who's seen the clerical side of the military knows about the stupendous amount of paperwork required before a soldier is allowed to shoot even one bullet. Now imagine that for an interdimensional/interstellar bureaucracy, and imagine the number of trees required for the paper. I'm guessing synthetics.)
I dunno. Everything looks like it's done digitally via PDA pads and "floating" montor screens, with very little physical copy required unless necessary (like archiving). For an organisation that relies on quick access to the scene, having hardcopy of that scale would unnecessarily slow down any kind of action required.

Quote:
Also, on another note, is the Infinite Library completely under the jurisdiction of the TSAB, or only partly? Is access restricted, and what sort of information is inside (specifically, security clearances)? Or is everything in it declassified?
TSAB-maintained. Don't forget that in A's the TSAB had asked Yuuno to act as the librarian, so I would assume that the Library itself is under TSAB management.

As for access restrictions, see first reply paragraph above.

Quote:
How far do the TSAB's powers run: are they a largely military force like the UN Peacekeeping forces, or are they also administrative (as the name suggests) like the UN itself? How closely does the TSAB parallel the UN?
My view is that the TSAB is just one of many seperate organisations that deal with work of that nature. Given how short-staffed they usually are, I'd imagine that the Section 6 is in effect a small elite force trained to deal with many situations at hand, sort of like the SAS or Marines with emergency assistance, rescue and so on, while the TSAB itself is the greater collective army/navy/airforce.