Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 15:37   Link #1609
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
To draw it back at the series, we can look at Sawa's arc. Sawa's arc had more interesting issues than Wakana's arc and also had ones that were more critical due to her starving herself and getting injured, but I felt the way it was went over was more simplified and ended up less compelling as a result-- it was just more clean cut and less to talk about. While the solution would take a bit to solve after the arc itself, Wakana's problems were "solved" at the end of her own arc but the path was more unclear and required more introspection and memory.
I too felt Sawa's arc could have had more going for it, at least in terms of how things played out if not an actual resolution (during the arc itself). Having a resolution doesn't automatically mean good anyway (ie Kokoro Connect).

However, I think there could have been plenty to talk about in Sawa's case. The show just didn't show her much after her arc. We didn't get much insight into her thoughts. Only a couple of times does she even mention her issue after her arc. So no one really bothered to talk about it as there wasn't much to go on. The show focuses heavily on Wakana even when it wasn't her arc. We gain a lot more insight into her. Heck, even Konatsu had her moments, especially whenever she was proving herself to the vocal/music club members.

Sawa (like the guys), not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
But here in Tari Tari, I felt that Konatsu, Wakana, and Sawa were all nicely developed, and each had good starring moments in the show. Whichever one of the three you'd consider "the third girl" was rather strong for a third girl in a P.A. Works show.
The major thing I'd say, is Tari Tari did all that it did in 13 episodes. And that's pretty damn good. Even looking back at Iroha. As decent a slice of life show as that was, it never felt excellent, and that had 20+ episodes.