View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 11:11   Link #31744
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I wonder if anyone's opinion about a Yasu-Ikuko would change if Battler was actually the culprit behind the murders? That would at least give Ikuko a reason for keeping Battler a secret, and might be a reason for Battler to want to stay secret too, if he was able to remember anything. Although I'm not sure how that would all work with their forgery writing...
I dont think it would work, since Ikuko would be trying to prevent Battler from coming back instead of coaxing it out by encouraging him to write the forgeries.

As for the whole issue of Ikuko being Yasu though, I'd like it if she was the actual culprit. Just straight up batshit insane killed everyone, Battler lost his mind and she took him to try and make him accept her. Battler suffering from severe PTSD and Stockholm Syndrome. All the talk about tsundere was a red herring, Yasu was always yandere.

The idea that she wasn't the culprit and became the lynch pin on the issue fits better if she had actually died. Having her alive, actually remember everything and actively trying to pursue a relationship with the person that was Battler seems extremely creepy. Something a mentally unstable person would do. Which I guess is entirely possible given who we are talking about.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote