View Single Post
Old 2007-05-11, 04:17   Link #286
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
Was anyone else annoyed that Konata closed her right eye when she aimed the rifle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Haven't seen it (still waiting for EnA) but if she's shooting left-handed that would make sense. I use whichever eye is closest to the "gunhand" (ambi-uncoordinated)
She was shooting right-handed. Her left eye was on the outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Kona-freefire: ah... yeah that is a bit wierd. When I was first learning to shoot, I'd do that because my dominant eye didn't match my handedness (more ambidexterous fun...) ... then I'd auto-correct for the sights being off ... finally my instructor figured out what was going on

I know Kona is "supposed" to be left-handed but the clues are pointing towards ambi-clumsy
I noticed Konata closing her right eye immediately. I was on my high school's riflery team and still have somewhat of an interest in firearms today (although the only guns I own are Airsoft ones). It didn't really bother me since one person on the riflery team was a lefty but right-eye dominant, if I remember correctly. I just found it odd. And I'm sure it's not an animator mistake since as everyone knows, this is the studio that worked on Full Metal Panic!: TSR and Fumoffu (and keeps reminding us ).

So either Kona-chan is ambidextrous but favors her right hand and is left-eye dominant, or she is messing around. Or the animators did that to mess with the gun-otaku out there.