View Single Post
Old 2010-12-24, 21:22   Link #20317
Mirrored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
I read your post. Even if the same trick were used from "And Then There Were None" the gun would have been in the hallway.

I'll ask again: What happened to the gun?

You are twisting red truth to benefit your theory and not making any sense.

What? Where was it stated that Krauss or Natsuhi did not love her?

I agree with you that this is one messed up family. However, you haven't even come close to showing how any one of them would be capable of mass murder.
I am capable of mass murder. You are capable of mass murder. The point of Higurashi, Umineko, etc is that people who are just plain people are ALL capable of murder.

In the beginning we get a scene with Will where he talks about motives to kill.

It specifically mentions "money problems" as a factor. And we get to see in Episode 7 that they all do in fact kill each other over the gold.

We are talking about a card with about 100 million us dollars on it, and gold worth about another billion US dollars.

There are many people who have committed murder for far less, and Episode 4 even goes line item person by person and shows that they all are really hard up for cash and stand to lose everything if they don't get it.

Hitmen typically do jobs for much less money. So, when you have a family full of problems with an opportunity to be one of the richest people on earth, it's a recipe for what happens.

I'll turn the question around, only because I believe the entire series shows them to be capable of murder (Lying about the death of a father, swindling people for money, abusing children, trying to oust your brother from his inheritance by having a baby--).

Where does it ever show the siblings not hating one another or manipulating each other in power games?

Episode 7, is the truth, at least, it's basically an important truth.

Lion does die. Doesn't matter that she didn't plan it. The siblings are ready to kill.

Kyrie even says in Episode 6 that she would have killed Asumu. She very plainly says "Yes, I am capable of murder".
---

So, if Shkannon is true, I think I've provided the only plausible expectation of how it works. The alternative eschews Jessica, which is pretty ridiculous.

And it is very clear that Shkannon is genderless, if we believe the guts of the story where we have Yasu screaming at Nanjo about a body that can't love.

Also, other answers don't address why Battlers birthday appears on the door (and why it's the 8 digit pin for the bank cards).

Ultimately, we're a week away from an answer and I look forward to it.
Mirrored is offline   Reply With Quote