View Single Post
Old 2013-03-31, 18:03   Link #1897
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Check out my earlier posts in this thread during the beginning parts of Magi. I never read the manga, but I was complaining about pacing issues. I felt the pacing issues even before I knew anything of the manga. The manga just made it even more severely clear.
I saw the same Magi as you and saw no pacing issues, how can you know a story is too fast or too slow unless you compare it with the original or another adaption? is like guessing the speed of the car with your eyes closed.
But from the start I have seen tons of post of rabid fans that have made many people like yourself go check the original material and surprise, surprise, after doing a comparison you saw there was more material in the original. Sometimes it is the opposite. But I am fed up about them saying it is broken just because it is different from the source material, that is fanboyism.

BTW, I have seen the Magi manga, but only the latest chapters so my anime enjoyment is not ruined, it is a rule of the thumb, like not eating sweets before dinner.

Quote:
Plus there's a saying... If it ain't broke, don't fix it right? What was Yoshino and A-1 thinking here?
Happens all the time, sometimes it can ruin the adaption, sometimes it can enhance it, but here it just makes it different.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote