Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-23, 12:45   Link #6221
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
It's not the Government's job to take care of you. It's not my job to take care of you. If I decide to help you with my time and money, that's up to me.

Just like Police are not required to protect you, I'm not required to take care of you. I know I sound like an asshole, but frankly, I'm sick and tired of the Government taking money from my paychecks and gives it to people who don't do anything to deserve it. It's redistribution of wealth, and it's going to be a leading cause of a revolution someday.

As inhumane as you think it is, making the Government go bankrupt is even worse in the long term.
As much as I can agree or disagree with you, you're still avoiding the question. What do you think will happen if social programs are scrapped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
You may want to look at some European countries, like the Netherlands. The safety net is even bigger there, and the whole country is better and more able to ride out these depression times because of it.
Scandinavian countries are even better. To me, they're the best examples of how social programs should work in a country. They have some of the best healthcare programs as well, on top of that. I've always been under the opinion healthcare is a basic human right. They are a great example of how government does what it should do and take care of its people, both the employed and unemployed.