View Single Post
Old 2009-02-27, 20:38   Link #10
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantaghiro View Post
Hm...Yuri subtext... badass, psychopatic female lead...Guns...no chickification...no loser-fanboy-service...I think you should try noir It´s very unique, a film noir series inanime format with great soundtracks. Here´s a great amv for preview: Link
All good reasons why it's one of my all-time favorite animes. Through I wouldn't mind rewatching it for the umpteenth time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
An oldy, but a goody….Try READ or DIE..The badass chick is only like 10 years old though, but she kicks serious a$$...Currently Michiko to Hatchin fits the bill…It’s my favorite show right now and the main baddie is one of the most gorgeous anime characters I have ever seen in all my days watching this stuff...

Also color me shocked that no-one mentions GITs, GITSSAC, GITSSAC 2nd Gig…Major Motoko is the most bada$$ female character in all of anime…
I've been meaning to try out Read or Die and I'll certainly check out Michiko to Hatchin. I like GIT a lot mainly because of the Major as I'm not actually that big of a fan of cyberpunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Yeah, second for Michiko to Hatchin... though it can get kind of...weird sometimes.

I don't see Kino no Tabi on your list..?! Kino is badass. It's not really an action show though (there is action in it--Kino is godly with her gun). It doesn't exactly fit your request, but everyone should have seen this anime.

Re:Cutie Honey - crazy action/ecchi anime with a ton of yuri subtext. One of the girls, at least, is pretty badass.
Kino no Tabi definitely sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telmah View Post
I really wanted to say Claymore but you've already watched it. Clara seems ot fit that bill well.

I'd say Murder Princess which is on your plan to watch list already. Falis is pretty much fits the bill. It's kinda goofy at times though and a short ova of six.

Ruin Explorers is alright, though its a bit short with only four episodes. Less crazy, but still cool.
Ruin explorers doesn't seem my style but since it's fairly short I might check it out when I get a chance. Thanks.