View Single Post
Old 2007-05-10, 07:17   Link #645
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by runpsicat View Post
I think he also says something similar in ep4 about how Hei has no qualms duping those around him because he has no guilty conscience as a rational contractor.
Huang thinks Hei has no remorse about duping people, but I think he is wrong. In fact, I think Huang is projecting his own cold-hearted attitude onto Hei. Hei clearly feels guilty about duping Chiaki and that is why he said that contractors are liars, it was a clear admission of his guilt. Huang is the one who doesn't think that dolls or contractors are humans. Hei is very much a human because of his guilty conscience.

If Hei were a "rational contractor" we wouldn't have seen him repeatedly acting emotionally, e.g. killing the first contractor on the rooftop when he was ordered by Mao to stop, hanging out with Chaiki, and letting her live, when Huang wanted her killed and her information stolen, even that scene where Mao shows up at the workshed and finds Hei is already gone in episode 4, is revealing that Hei doesn't simply act as a tool for the organization, he gets personally involved in every case.