View Single Post
Old 2012-02-06, 14:22   Link #54
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You can get tons of elerium to even start selling them if you farm those alien supply planes : wait for them to land near an alien base (leave the base alone) then drop a Skyranger on top of them filled with Russians armed with small launchers and laser rifles. Kill everyone, grab the elerium and RTB.

You can harvest the stunned aliens too if you want. And all the elerium and $$ to arm your entire crew with Blaster Bomb launchers and make the next alien incursion look like a real World War 3.
You know, for some reason I never could do that. I find the idea of leaving the alien base alone so abhorrent, that I can't help but annihilate every base that I find. Guess in some way I still feel the need to roleplay the defender of Earth.

I wonder something similar might be possible in the new Xcom game? The catch is, it might be possible to annihilate the alien base that way. I envision a siege, where the Aliens realised that they couldn't get food nor fuel for months. And they slowly cannibalise both electric hardware for power and even literal cannibalism for food. And if you do this long enough, eventually the base dies.