View Single Post
Old 2008-06-19, 17:09   Link #3
BluWacky
尻の竜

So this show airs in two days time (well, one and a bit). And no-one cares.

Except me! It's based on novels and airing on NHK which means it's probably based on good novels or at least ones popular with a more general audience than stuff like Kanokon, even if it's probably quite kiddie. Besides, it has glowing psychic school children and mysterious men in cloaks, it must be awesome.

The show's about Ran Isozaki, a 13 year old girl. One day she hears a mysterious voice saying "This is the beginning..." - turns out it's a girl with psychic powers who transfers into her class, Midori, and decides to cause her lots of trouble. Of course, Ran's own psychic powers also awaken, and together with Midori and her boyfriend Rui the three of them end up embroiled in all sorts of weird situations. Of course, being on NHK, this means that they learn all sorts of heart-warming lessons etc. etc.

Who cares - glowing psychic school children, that's what matters! And, unlike certain other shows airing at the moment (coughZettaiKarenChildren) there's no slightly disturbing sexualisation of them!

The official website as linked to by NeoSam hosts a fairly pointless little trailer for the first episode, but someone has kindly posted an advert on YouTube which is much more exciting and gives a little preview of what the OP will sound like (a bit weird, if you ask me). It also appears to have half decent animation and a crisp, clean look to it, which are both good things in my book.

TMS are animating, which isn't a great indicator of things to come, and far too many of the team worked on the rather annoying Noramimi for my liking (but then it's getting a second season so what do I know?), but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, the official website doesn't seem to like Internet Explorer so I can't actually read the seiyuu credits as they're hidden by the background art, but I don't really care anyway so I'm not going to lose any sleep over them.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this show - not because no-one else is, but again I must mention GLOWING PSYCHIC SCHOOL CHILDREN.

(also I secretly hope that it's going to be as awesome as Dennou Coil was this time last year despite having absolutely no grounds for making this comparison whatsoever and knowing full well that Dennou Coil had years of planning and virtuoso staff behind it whereas Telepathy Shoujo Ran has a guy that wrote the scripts for the Air and Clannad movies working on it - not exactly an indication of subtle greatness, really)
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote