View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 07:13   Link #44
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Sadly Houtarou just got played and manipulated quite well throughout this arc. Still has me kind of annoyed right now. Though having an older sister myself the idea of being used by said sister actually fits so well that it probably boosted my level of annoyance with this episode . Just as troublesome to have Irisu just outright admit to everything. Then throwing out lines like "whether you consider them lies or not is up to you." Completely deflecting any responsibility or seeing herself as being in the wrong at all. Long as she got a conclusion that was entertaining for her and fulfilled her responsibilities it doesn't matter who she uses in the process. That's the kind of person I can't help but seriously dislike. Hopefully this arc is the last we see of Irisu period.
I got the feeling that the subtext for Irisu's last line there is "I wont complain if you hate me / wont forgive me" which is why Houtarou says he feels better on hearing that.

But heh, while I suspected the "locked room murder" wasn't the true mystery I didn't expect that Hongou's "illness" was faked.