Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-11, 20:55   Link #1106
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I knew right away that Iori would see this as a scary but potentially valuable opportunity to find her true self, but I'm surprised she voiced this to Taichi in the first episode of the arc. As predictable as the "status quo" reset was, at least they gave a good reason for it. I'll allow it! *referee pose*

Inaba is killing me. If the desired result of her characterization is to fire up every protective instinct in my body, it's working. If she really is completely unwilling to fight for Taichi, then the best thing that could happen is for him to get with Iori as soon as possible so that she can start getting over him. Lord knows she's strong enough to do it, but if things keep getting dragged out then she won't get the closure she needs and it's just going to eat her alive. If we needed any more evidence that she's as self-sacrificing as Taichi, if not more so, just check her panic when she thought her indiscretion might be revealed specifically to Iori. Is she so afraid of looking like a threat to Iori that she's willing to adopt the humiliating excuse of "I was hot and he was there"?

Heartseed is infuriating. I don't care that he's "helping" them. This kind of emotional and social violation gets my goat.

Yui was taken into police custody after the CSI Tokyo team discovered that her shoe prints matched the indentations in the victims' testicles. Dammit Taichi; see now what your careless words have wrought? I suspect we're going to get a bit more insight into her and (finally) Aoki with this arc. It seems the perfect opportunity.

Funny thing: A press-board table got broken, and Taichi didn't even go through it. Some wrestling fan.

I love how Inaba didn't even attempt to pass off her punching Taichi in the stomach as "Sorry. Heartseed. Couldn't be helped."

Speaking of Taichi, he had some good moments. I like how even when his sister was teasing him mercilessly, he still found reason to go into "over-protective big brother" mode with her.

New ED is nice, but I really miss the old one.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote