Thread: Licensed Mieruko-chan TV anime
View Single Post
Old 2021-10-10, 19:57   Link #56
monsta666

The first episode did a better job in building suspense and tension as we got various fake jump scares not to mention not all sightings proved to be real. Things were played more straight in the second episode with the horror element taking a backseat to the comedy act which took a prominent role in the second episode.

Decent start but I hope we get more things introduced to the formula because if every episode turns out like the second one then things could get repetitive. In any case it is a good opening act for Mieruko-chan.

The various camera shots were amusing. I don't think the fanservice actually had a big impact in the build-up of suspense as the second episode would have largely been devoid of that if even the fanservice scenes were omitted. Yes, fanservice was present in the first episode but it featured less there. More important however was the fact it was not included in the key moments. It was timed correctly so as not to break the mood of the horror scenes. At least that is how I felt about it. Saying that I can see this being a turnoff to someone who is sensitive to that stuff. On the whole though I think, from a commercial standpoint, it is probably the correct move as the fanservice will reel more people in than turn them away.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote