View Single Post
Old 2008-01-31, 08:01   Link #827
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
you Americans and your obsessions with bowls, honestly the Scottish are Olympic champions of bowls so just drop it, even if you are like giants.

Well, one sport event in these months is seen around the World and that happens to be the Superbowl. Soccer is great, though it tends to be a regional thing (Europe, Asian, national divisions, etc and very rarely, the World Cup) And my hometown I emigrated to happens to be New York City. I might not even live to see another crappy New York football team make it to a championship. It's even a double whammy since our team is admittedly a hodgepodge and it's the biggest Cinderella story in sports I can remember

Quote:
anyway, actually i just discovered kawamori's Kiss dum, looks like a nice mecha/aircraft type anime, but only a cruel haruhi could could stop this series and have it licenced so fast after 8 episodes.
I don't know about that one. The opinions range from 'fun' to 'worst anime ever'.

Quote:
We don't get many animes like macross, the only other one i'll rate as macross like, was "yuki kaze"

serious, we need more mecha then gundam, eva or super-robot clones, its not just a three way genre
Add in stuff like Code Geass or even something like Moonlight Mile with all the strange combinations of mecha, political intrigue, space, etcetera. I think mecha anime is continuing to become diverse. The Eva-wannabe craze seems to have slown down since Eureka 7 (though I loved E7 and RahXephon to death).

Quote:
I guess you really need a kawamori to make real difference to the animated mecha scene.

shame there only seem to be, kawamori, where are your apprentices? Sensei! you need to pass on your skillz or it will be lost forever!
Ha, as great as Kawamori is, I have to disagree. Ever since the older Macross shows, mecha design has come a LONG, long way. The vast majority of them either being very inventive or just plain awesome or somewhere inbetween.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote