View Single Post
Old 2009-08-30, 21:08   Link #77
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
I can see the common sense where John Smith would grow up and possibly move, but I'm sure that Haruhi could remember important things like his face or his voice. Especially since she's been hanging out with Kyon for a whole year.

And while you say that oblivious/unfocused thing, just because she's a teenager doesn't really give her all that much of an excuse. I don't mean to sound cliche, but she really doesn't realize what she is capable of because it feels like she belittles herself as a "normal" person. Or she doesn't expect what kind of things the "normal" people can do. The jealousy with Mikuru is a perfect example because while she still pushes Kyon around, she expects him to stay loyal and follow what she wants and not show Mikuru any unnecessary attention.
Regarding "John Smith", she actually does carry some memory of his appearance. Have you forgotten the ("Have I met you some where before?") question she shot at Kyon during the Melancholy arc? But she most likely wrote it off as ridiculous because of that common sense... still, deep down, somewhere in the back of her mind... that image is still there.

Moving on... I don't know too many teenagers (around 16) who are that focused. It usually isn't until college that most young adults get some idea of that special something that they want in life... and even then, many still don't find exactly what "that" is and just settle for whatever gets them by in life. Haruhi doesn't need to settle for anything... she has a mountain of things to try (which she'll succeed at mind you...) and no time to worry.