View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 13:50   Link #86
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
Ten-Tails is basically the God on the naruto universe, so the same questions can be asked here on our universe that who created God? wheres that God comes from?
Apparently in japan the term "god" is very different from our western god. We here have the jewish-christian-muslim idea of god, which is basicly an omnipotent eternal and immortal being, but most importantly its infinite compared to us, it has infinite power and wisdom, etc. So we can't imagine a god being killed because it's impossible by definition. In ancient cultures like in the greek or north mythology the gods were much weaker. An example of that is Thor in recent movies, he is supposed to be an ancient god, but he can be killed. In Shintoism there are many gods, i don't know the details, but my guess is the ideas in Naruto are mainly connected to this sort of religion. I mean a god being some kind of super-animal as it has 10 tails, it being simply a force of nature, and we weren't told anything about it's intelligence. In western culture god is super-intelligent, humans cannot possibly understand that level of thinking, that's the opposite of what we have seen of the 10-tails until now. Someone who knows well Shintoism could probably explain if the 10-tails can be based on something there.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote