View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 04:21   Link #97
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
this is an assumption. we haven't seen it up close because it would give away his identity. i think he has been using it

not necessarily either. MS techs aren't identical among ninja. look at kakashi for instance
tobi having mangekyou is an assumption too. unless kishi gives us a legitimate reason to believe that he does, it will remain a big question mark. i will consider him "mangekyou-less" until then.

i once read a theory that the mangekyou abilities differ among families, that's why both sasuke and itachi have susanoo and amaterasu. while shisui's mangekyou allowed him to become the most powerful genjutsu user in the clan's history (though i think shisui's ability was simply unique), and kakashi's supposed mangekyou is different as well. the fact that madara can also summon susanoo could mean that he is closely related to itachi's family. i personally think this to be too presumptious since we haven't really seen any other mangekyou users save for sasuke, itachi, madara, shisui and supposedly kakashi. there's very little basis for this theory. though i don't deny this possibility as well.

the idea of kakashi having mangekyou has also been debated before. some fans think that his is merely an evolved form of the sharingan and so tobi's ability could merely be something similar to that. kakashi not having truly achieved mangekyou is the most logical explanation for kishi's lack of explanation. mangekyou was supposed to be achieved after killing someone very close to you or bearing the guilt of that death. to my knowledge, kakashi hasn't killed anyone close to him (unless kishi forgot to reveal that little piece of info). someone once said that perhaps kakashi felt guilty for obito's death. then why the heck didn't his mangekyou activate the moment obito died? did his mangekyou wait 12-15 years before activating? i doubt it.