View Single Post
Old 2012-07-21, 22:38   Link #7
amoirsp

I'll go with two questions for now. Tag spoiler if it's warranted, though since I know just about nothing of the game, I doubt it would constitute it.

1. What's your opinions of the different order of the events from game and anime. The same text/event more or less happened regardless of different background/location, and while it seems interchangeable it does change things.
(Also I believe most events had Chisato with Oojima with almost every encounter hence his seeking of his destined one which obviously was nowhere near the priority of the anime's start)

2. Although Ayumu is a cameo, with the fact that she and two friends showed up at the first major scene of the anime, as well as right after Oojima was debating on running, as well as before Oojima went to eat dinner, doesn't it look like to the casual viewer that they have relevance? They show up more (often) than Ariake Mieru and Saga Reiji (wait did they even use his name? They said Garage but ...) in my opinion, and those two are supposed to be the most helpful side character classmates. Yes you can assume the Ayumu group isn't from the same school but then they run around the same city/area. (And if they were in the same school you'd think Oojima would ask them for their help).

Spoiler:

In other words, the main point is easy to follow but I find it easy to get confused. You have fewer main girls but you have a lot more characters.

On a random note since the general route is the same throughout, it's easy to implement the common route/plot. It's almost also possible to run components of every route literally.

On another random note despite some trends of "non-primary" girls winning, I would think for Koichoco it's easier to attempt that given that the struggle of that concept is within the base plot itself. (Meaning the protagonist is actually looking into having a girlfriend and actively shows interest).

Spoiler:

Then there's a bunch of tiny things but I won't inquire here.
Spoiler:
Most likely any questions I do have can be answered in subsequent episodes.

Is there any speculation on route order if it's implemented? Given the pace of the election that easily covers the bulk of the next few episodes, but I do wonder. (If there was a route order I'd randomly say the same order you see the girls right at the end of the opening). There was already evidence or statements of singular character focused episodes. And even if not, you'd expect that anyways other than the election stuff.

Spoiler:

Yeah, so I found it interesting how the anime set up ways to leave holes everywhere despite having a main focus. I felt this was much different than the game (despite the common election component being more or less the same). Introductions to characters (main girls specifically) are virtually identical too. But this anime contrast of Chisato where she isn't with Oojima and Oojima being with another girl is rather interesting. I don't think there's any PSP specific components here, but I wouldn't know.

Speaking of which, the Morishita-already-joined/met is a bit odd if a route or something new occurs to Oojima. It's like "ok I regularly hang out with this girl but she's still an enigma". Well, not that it matters.

I could have my facts totally wrong but I am curious to know. I didn't even mention about Hidaka. Ah too many things to look at. Seriously, this formula looks similar to Manglobe's Mashiro and then you get thrown a second curveball that Oojima wanting to look for love not with Chisato is already an in-game engine.

Last edited by amoirsp; 2012-07-21 at 23:18. Reason: EDIT: Additional Inquiry
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote